Monday, October 25, 2010

Dedication and update

A couple Sundays ago we were able to dedicate AJ. It was such a sweet time, and a great reminder that AJ is here for God's glory. It was nice to have the pastors pray over us and for AJ's salvation.
Joe's mom was kind enough to take pictures for us. There were quite a few other kids being dedicated also.

A fun family picture...I look a little strange, and you can't see AJ's face, but at least Joe looks good. :)
Here is my sweet sleeping man. He always sleeps in the funniest positions. I just love those cheeks and that sweet little mouth. I still can't believe he's here. Can't wait to see this little guy grow up.
He was NOT happy about this picture. We went to Leesburg on Saturday, which was quite the adventure. AJ decided that he wanted to wake up and be hungry when we were the farthest from the car that we could possibly be. I hurried back with a screaming little man in a stroller, and I swear I have never seen so many slow walking people. You'd think that if you were walking and you heard a screaming baby behind you, you would be kind enough to step to the side....no such luck. Anyway, we got this had at Tommy Hilfiger and I wanted him to model it.

AJ had his 1 month appointment last Wednesday and he's doing well. He's over 11 pounds now, so 75 percentile for weight and height. Same as last time. He also got his first shot, and he was already so upset with the nurse that I when I turned around (I couldn't watch them give the shot) I couldn't tell when they did it.

Something that surprised me that I didn't even think of are things I can't eat because they upset his stomach. If it doesn't upset his stomach then it keeps him up all day and night.
1) Dairy
2) Broccoli (common I think)
3) Spicy food
4) Orange Juice (this also includes Sunny D which I love)
5) Caffienne - Obviously this has been a sacrifice...I would love a Dr. Pepper, Coke, or coffee in the morning. I have a starbucks giftcard that I've had for 6 weeks...normally they last me for a couple days. Yeah, it's a killer.


I'm sure there's more, and I'll come across more in the coming weeks. Luckily this only lasts for a few more months I think. It's worth it though. :)

Love,

Beth

2 comments:

The Nutters! said...

He's so cute. You look great too! <3
Erin

Marissa said...

Beth! Your little one is so adorable. Congrats! I'm going to add you to my blog list so I can follow your updates! You can see my blog at www.muffins-life.blogspot.com

-Marissa