Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas shopping with an infant....never again


Well the day started out so nice. We were going out to finish our shopping. First, we had to run to Joe's work to pick up the stroller that was in his car. As we're leaving a dear sweet friend of mine (who works with Joe) said how jealous she was that I was going shopping, and how she wished she could come. Well come to find out, shopping with an infant is not nearly as enjoyable as Christmas shopping with friends, or even just by yourself.

The first stores we went to were Bed Bath and Beyond and Five Below. AJ did so great and slept the whole time. So I grabbed lunch and off we were to Nordstram Rack. On the way AJ woke up and was hungry. "No problem," I thought, "I will feed him in the back of my tiny Sentra when we get to Nordstram." It was a little tight, but was working out well until half way through when I heard (and felt) my little monster doing his business. It was one of those ones that you know there is no way that it stayed in the diaper. Sure enough, it shot up to his neck. No worries, I knew it was going to be a hard to change him since I didn't have much room, but I always have a change of clothes in his diaper bag....uh, where is his diaper bag? Yep, I left it at home after I finished packing it. That's helpful. Luckily he was wearing two shirts and it didn't got on the top one or on his pants. Also, I had some diaper and wipes that were already in the car. Turns out the wipes are completely frozen, I mean like frozen solid, none of those puppies were coming undone. So I spend the next 5 minutes breathing hot air to try and get at least one wipe, while my poopie son is laying on my lap. I was able to, and finally got him all changed (a lot of work, and he was just smiling the whole time) then lifted him up to have him spit up probably half of what he just ate....luckily only a little got on his shirt and the rest got on me. Once we were done, I was cleaned and he was back in his seat everything else went great, but oh what an adventure it was for that half hour.

Only online shopping from now on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha this made me laugh, sorry I'm sure it wasn't funny in the moment! I can't believe how big AJ's getting..babies change so much the first year! I need to see him ASAP! :)